What is difference between skirt and kilt?
- Kilts are pleated only in the back, never in the front. Skirts and dresses can be pleated all around or not at all.
- Kilts are always "rap around" and fastened with a belt buckle or with an actual belt. Skirts and dresses can be fashioned in any way.
- Kilts go only to the knees. Skirts and dresses can be of virtually any length.
- Kilts are the only things that usually look okay with a sporran. Skirts and dresses, not so much.
- Kilts are of Gaelic origin. Dresses come from anywhere and anywhere.
- Kilts are traditionally worn by men. Skirts and dresses go to the lasses.